Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Internet Is The Coolest Thing EVER!!!

The more I listen to music and play the guitar the more I have noticed that ear training is a skill I want to get better at. When  I hear a particular piece of music I always seem to be curious about what key the song is in or what chords are being used and in what tuning. I know that listening is useful tool when it comes to learning music. Sometimes you have to stop making your own sound and listen to the sounds coming from the outside world. 

While looking around on the internet I found two really cool tools that I will be able to use for a long time. I found a virtual guitar and a virtual bass. They are completely interactive. By using these websites I can learn each individual note on both the guitar and the bass by sound alone. The sites also have the fretboard marked so I can learn to associate what sound goes with which note and where to find that note on the fretboard. This is probably one of the most useful things I have found during the course of this project. I have provided the links below. Very Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment