Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Pain Of Progress

It seems the more I get excited about playing guitar the faster I fatigue and cramp up. I want to play faster but I want to also have control and consistency. Having hurt my wrist earlier in this project I have injured it further from playing guitar. So, today I looked around on the internet to see if there was anything I could do to reduce the pain from playing guitar or avoid it all together. I found some very helpful video tutorials that have great advice for guitarists.

Here is an old Guitar World article by the guitarist of Metallica that had some useful advice when it came to taking care of your hands. **CLICK ON THE ARTICLE PICTURE TO ENLARGE**



**While looking for information I found this video first. It is done by a guitarist named John Petrucci who is a professional guitarist for a band called Dream Theater. The video had some very practical information that I will try to incorporate into my routine.**



**This video also proved to be very helpful. I will definitely use some of these techniques from now on!!



**This is a video from a classical guitar instructor. With a wider neck on his guitar, the need for him to be able to stretch his fingers across as many frets as possible is essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment